Monday, March 22, 2010

frozen yogurt

While rummaging through the fridge for some tasty treats the other night, I spied the nonfat blueberry yogurt. I skipped it in favor of a container of leftover frosting, but it occurred to me that I might enjoy some frozen yogurt later. I wondered whether freezing Yoplait would yield the same results as Pinkberry. (Oh, but for the brilliant things you come up with while under the influence!) So I tossed the blueberry yogurt into the freezer and forgot all about it.

And the frosting was incredible. It was left over from the Guinness St. Patty's day cupcakes I'd made just a few days before. Butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla bean, and a splash of Bailey's...yes, it tasted even better than it sounds. I ate it with a purple handled spoon. I had several heaping tablespoons. Unfortunately, I woke up the next morning with a frosting tummyache. Definitely worth eating about half a stick's worth of butter for...

Fast forward to this morning. As I rush out the door for work, I grab said yogurt, intending on having a nice frozen snack for breakfast. It turns out that in the interesting events that transpired on this Monday morning, I was unable to get to the frozen yogurt until it was...well, not so frozen any more. So I enjoyed a cup of defrosted previously frozen yogurt instead.

I would not say that it was an enjoyable experience.

There's always next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment